St. Etheldreda Church Roundel

2014-02-21T19:15:04+00:00November 27, 2013|

GDA managed the redrawing of the roundel for St. Etheldreda, Hatfield’s Parish Church. We were first approached by the editor of their ‘Refocused’ Parish magazine asking if we could create a vector graphic roundel to be used on the magazine and across other printed material. The typeface used was ITC Friz Quadrata BT Bold circling the three crowns – “The “Gules, three crowns Or”, is first found being used by Bishop William of Louth (or William de Luda), the twelfth Bishop of Ely, in 1290. They are the arms attributed to Saint Etheldreda, who died long before heraldry began, and are a differenced version of the arms attributed to the Kings of East Anglia” – credit click here
StEtheldredas-Roundel

Our website uses cookies ok