Project Description

The first military tank.

In collaboration with the historians at Hatfield House, we designed and produced a set of graphic panels for the public display of ‘Edwin’, a replica Mark 1 tank, in WW1 commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the first official tank trials.

The trials took place in 1916, watched by Lord Kitchener, Prime Minister H. H. Asquith and later seen by King George V. The first tanks were used at the Battle of Flers-Courcelette in September 1916.

The historic documents, photographs and illustrations of the WW1 commemoration came from the archives at Hatfield House, the location of the tank trials. The tank revolutionised warfare and changed the course of warfare forever.